Thursday, May 22, 2008

Significance Day, or, Extensions, or, Redemption Theatre Neo

(Couldn't resist)


Noooo!



So there's really been no good enough excuse for my absence. All I will say is that, if you remember how I've consistently said "whew, what a week", then consider that that was me balancing just on this side of having the time to do non-work related things.

But that's not going to make anybody lol, so let's get into the good stuff with the adventures of Bob and his Half-beard (with accompanying theme music)!


Adventures of Bobert and the Half Beard

Bobert has some funny Vlog-styled movies on his site. Nerdy as I am, I'm a big fan of his Final Fantasy XII video. It's funny even if you haven't played the game, because he's really not exaggerating.


Another gem from the depths of Icanhascheezburger. I feel like the cat is the part of me that knows how much I've got to do, and the man is the part of me that has to actually do the stuff and would rather be making animated sticktoons.

Similarly, in looking for recent lolcats to include, this one really did make me lol. And I'm in a computer lab.

I had more lolcats from days gone by, but they're at home, where I can access MSN, but nothing else on the Internet. I understand it not.

Oh hey, ever wanted to see a Internet personage actually react to his hate mail? Yeah, me neither, especially when people like Maddox do it. I get the feeling he used to be so talented, but for want of a less Star Wars-sounding allegory, got consumed by hatred and the Dark Side.

But Yahtzee, as is his way, has carried off the whole deal with a reasonable amount of panache...


(Yes, I drew the inspiration for my art style from his. No, it's not copying - I've got some significant differences - both now and in upcoming videos).

A friend of mine joined the group, "Ten reasons why gay marriage is wrong". I clicked through, and found their arguments to be very compelling. Read on:

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms, just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Now... I know trying to find humour in a Frezned video is like trying to find reflections in a mirror, but this is still my all-time favourite among his videos (back in the days when he had looong hair).

Frezned - Discernment

^_^ Love it.

There have been no new limericks on limerickdb.com since FOR EVER! This makes me sad, the very opposite of lolling.


This is a concept put forward by Randall Munroe of XKCD.
The idea is made of pure win. And also awesome. To put it simply, it generates random locations across America each day (down to specific latitude and longitude points), and people can meet there. A new location, impossible to predict, every day. Already there have been several meetups between XKCD readers, and the whole concept is just amazing. There's more detail here, if my explanation doesn't do it for you.

I would love to see one of these made up for Australia, but some 75% of the time, the location would be somewhere in our vast central desert system. Though, his algorithm manages to avoid the position landing in water, so maybe it'd be possible to adapt it...

I'm more than slightly interested in emailing him to ask...

Oh look, it's Questionably Politically Incorrect o'Clock!

Can anyone say, "STAB!"?

That's... got to be enough for one day. I hope it goes some way to redeeming me.

Keep smiling, ladies and gentlemen.

1 comment:

John Lacey said...

ZOMG.. that sign about Hillary. :|